October is National Window Cord Safety Month
National Window Cord Safety Month: The Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) are urging parents and caregivers to check their window coverings for exposed or dangling cords that can pose a strangulation hazard to infants and young children, and to replace with today’s safer products. The WCSC and CPSC recommend that only cordless window coverings or those with inaccessible cords be used in homes with young children.
Blind Appeal, in partnership with Graber is participating in the October Window Cord Safety Effort by offering FREE cordless lift on Graber Crystalpleat, Pleated, Roman, and Natural shades and Traditions Wood, Composite, and Lake Forest Faux Wood Blinds from October 1 – November 30, 2015.
The WCSC urges parents and caregivers to follow these basic cord-safety precautions:
- Move all furniture, cribs, beds and climbable surfaces away from windows
- Keep all window cords well out of the reach of children
- Install only cordless window coverings in homes with young children
- Make sure tasseled pull cords are as short as possible. Continuous loop pull cords on draperies and vertical blinds should be pulled tight and anchored to the floor or wall
- Be sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit inner-cord movement.
If you want to speak with any of our consultants or team members at Blind Appeal in regard to window covering safety, please contact us at 208-888-1056. The WCSC also can be reached by going to www.windowcoverings.org or calling 1-800-506-4636.
Posted by baadmin at 9/30/2015 6:14:00 PM